Sunday, February 20, 2011

Time Is Short

I have good news.  A trade magazine has accepted my a piece of mine and will publish it in an upcoming issue.  The bad news: I have to write out the instructions for making this incredibly complicated and time-consuming, albeit beautiful piece.  The good/bad news: We are going on a family vacation, so I actually have half the time the magazine gave me to do this. (Oh, as an aside, in the week before our trip I managed to have two killer migraines, and my son was home sick from school twice, and now has hives covering his entire body--the result of his immune system saying, "You think a virus is tough? Check this out!"  But anyway . . .)  How I handle this: I wake up at 5 every morning and think, "Get out of bed and work on this, you lazy bum, so you don't have to wake up at 5 in the morning anymore!"  Do I do this?  Well, today I got out of bed at 7 and am now writing to you all about how I am going to write the instructions, so that is a step in the right direction.  To continue my moment of actual productivity, I am actually not going to write any more for now, but will keep you filled in on how the directions are going.  Expletives might be used, so be forewarned.

No comments:

Post a Comment