Monday, January 10, 2011

Slow Day

Hello again . . . it's been a slow day.  Have you ever woken up with intentions of being productive and then the day just slips along and you find yourself procrastinating?  Well, that has been today, but seeing as it is only 12:45  I am hoping to make up for lost time in the later part of the day.  I did manage to find more storage space on my computer and take the dog for a long walk and think about pieces I want to make.  I must also be a little honest and mention that I had a nice long breakfast after getting the kids to school and read a bit--that was a real time-sucker!  So, after taking care of computer business, house business, and even defrosting a piece of fish for dinner, I am off to the creative races.  I wonder how many tired cliches I can use today?

But let's talk turkey (3rd cliche of the day):  I have been working on some of those pieces from the 100-day challenge and have combined them with a project idea from Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine.   The result is a nice little set of small mixed media pieces.  Does anyone else out there in the blogosphere also absolutely hate to cut matte board?  I find that no matter how well I measure I am always just a bit off and have to fiddle around with the board to get it just right.   It's kind of like adding the clasp to a necklace or bracelet--truly my least favorite part of the project, but also one of the most important aspects of making a piece look professional.

It's been nice chatting, but now I have to go actually work!

No comments:

Post a Comment