Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Time to Write, Sing and Celebrate

Fly, Dream: Fabric Collage, Photography, Paint, Beading, Quilting, Embroidery
Price: $750


It's time to write a new blog post, even though I haven't really done much artwork this week.  It's been a hectic week, what with a dog crisis, a migraine, and my baby sister giving birth to her own baby!  How does one manage time and find ways to create?  I find that during weeks like these, my brain starts overflowing and I have the most creative dreams.  For instance, as everyone in my family will tell you, I cannot sing--I mean I really cannot sing--but I love to sing with the radio especially in the car, which is excruciating for all who drive with me, because I can't tell if I am off-key.  And not only do they have to listen to the horrible sounds emanating from my mouth, but they also have to answer my constant questions of "Is this better?  How about this song?  Am I on-key now?"  So, to get back to the point, I dreamt last night that I sang a song at a karaoke bar, and my family said, "Wow, that wasn't too bad."  Go figure.  I woke up so happy that I had finally found a song I could sing, and then I realized it was all a dream . . . but maybe it is a sign of times to come, so I think I will just keep practicing.  In the meantime, I am waiting for my sister and her husband to choose a name for their little one, who, did I mention, is extremely cute.  In honor of sons, I have included one of my pieces, Fly Dream, which evolved from a photograph that a friend of mine took of my son as he jumped off sand dunes on a walking trail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment