Monday, January 24, 2011

Now for Another Topic

Crazy Quilt: In process for over 6 years.   I can't decide if it is going to be one of those UFPs (unfinished projects), or it just needs a little more time to gestate.
Does anyone like sports?  I seem to be a crazy blend of sports fanatic and artistic, sensitive soul.  Now that every team I wanted to win in the NFL playoffs has lost--and I mean every single one (though I was a little on the fence with Green Bay and Chicago--I know that is weird given their "till death do we hate each other" personas.  But, you see, I lived in Chicago for 13 years AND I have a lot of friends who are Packers fans, so I guess I get to be a little indecisive for this one.)  But back to the topic, being a Boston Fan (capitalization on purpose) through and through, obviously last week was a killer, but honestly, each team I wanted to win in each game lost.  So I am taking this as a sign that, really, I should be spending more time working on art and promoting art than watching the sports games.  Maybe I could find a way to watch them in my studio?  No, that wouldn't work, because I really need a fair amount of quiet when creating.  I tend to talk to myself--out loud--which my son reminded me of yesterday in the car to my great embarrassment.  And I need the quiet so I can "answer" myself when figuring out a composition or color problem.  I figure March Madness doesn't start for another 4-6 weeks, so perhaps I can get a lot done in that time so I can reward myself with some fun bracketing with college hoops!  Given the time crunch, I'd better go work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment